Sunday, December 9, 2007

NYP Adventure Race 2007

Today was the NYP Adventure Race....which I had initially took part with Rabbit [Reka] but unfortunately, due to unenthusiasm, I ended up teaming up with my Dino [Nisa]. The whole race was quite fun and interesting and the planning was simply awesome and fool-proof[Kudos to the team for that].


Here's the whole plan of the race:

1)The first obstacle was the Sudoku challenge in which we had to go around the school, hunting for clues. It was rather interesting to be going up and down, looking left and right for the clue while collaborating with the others. I got trouble from my legs-it was so painful running and even walking, that I just gave up and took them out-walking around in my socks.

2)We had to walk all the way to Seletar reservoir then do canoeing then walk back to school. It was rather fun doing canoeing-very enjoyable. I hd forgotten to bring my medicine-so I was alredy punctured at the start, really couldn't run[am very sorry My Dino for that-truly sorry].Haha for some reason, whenever Dino paddled, the canoe would go in the direction it was not suppose to. In the end, after stepping into the water with our shoe and socks on, bumping into the trees and going to wrong directions, we managed to put together and finish the task.

3)After arriving back in school-next task involved going into the SWIMMING POOL[WooHoo]. We had to pull ourselved to the other side, look inside the pool to memorize a picture then answer a question related to the picture. In my opinion, Nisa was rather a nerve wreck-asking all the question and the way she went-haha it ws very cute. But I am so proud of her that she pulled herself across to the end-Well Done, my Dino! Next, when I went, the stupid life vest irritated me lots-it was like it was trying to choke me! Haha, I looked at the picture and just had a brief glimpse. When, I reached the end adn the question allocated to us was-How many drinks were there in the picture?-I was totllay dumbstruck. I hadn't counted it!!! Haha, thankfully, the facilitator gave us option-11,12 and 13-I just guessed 12-And it was RIGHT!! Haha, awesome lucky guess!!

However, our passport got wet and it was totally wet! When we took it out, it broke into pieces. We didn't know what to do!! The facilitator even told us to be DQ!!!Our hearts totally sank-to be DQ after doing and going through those activities!!! Luckily, Nisa just decided to go through with our passport being in the pathetic state!

4)For this part, we had to do archery! We were given five attempts to shoot atleast 3/5 shots into the blue/yellow or red areas. For our first attempt, we failed. I shot once and it landed on the black area-haha. We tried another round-and this time we did it!! Haha.....it was rather fun.

5)This part involved absailing and belaying. Dino did absailing while I was the belayer. When Nisa had to absail down, I was rather freaked out at the tot that her safety totally lied with me!! If I were to let go of the rope-that would be it!!!

6)On our way to this checkpoint, it had started to drizzle!!! We had to navigate around the whole field given the degree and metres and find number tags to fill in the answers. For our first attempt, we went off course and were unable to find our fourth answer so we decided to redo! This time, we found all the correct answers except the last one[unable to find it]. So, we jsut stopped at 5 and lucky for us, the five were correct.

7)We reached this check point to find out that they had 'Closed Shop'...haha so we just made our way to the last checkpoint-the finishing point.

Overall-the whole event was really very fun as well as exhausting! I am so thankful to Nisa for understanding and tolerating me. I am very happy to have done this event with you-Thanks a lot for everything!! These kind of events test everything-from ur stamina to ur capability to u overcoming ur fear as well as ur frenship! For someone to ask the fren to move aside and hurt the fren for the objective of going ahead-haha......[I may be very Sensitive but it was really painful-both internally and externally!]! I am so thankful that Nisa tolerated and motivated me...So happy that Azlina felt proud of me not giving up-haha am so happy with myself as well-I overcame every temptation to give up! My objective of joining the race was to just go and have fun and enjoy every obstacle in the way. I did the race while walking around only in my socks....walk in it all the way to the caoening place and all the way back with the sock tearing half way to the place, I am happy that I did it and didn't give up at all!!

I fell flat upon reaching home and am now walking around with an aching body! Every step hurts so much,my soles are so painful and sore and there is so much work to be done!! Haha, as they say-this is LIFE!

Link-http://ultimateadventurer.blogspot.com/

No comments: