Sunday, February 24, 2008

Separation of Ways

All these 10 years, my brother and I have been traveling the same path...we went to the same Primary, Secondary and even same Hindi School....however now, it is time for separation....just as a young animal sets out to make it in the world by itself, both of us have chosen a different set of paths....kind of sad actually.....all these while, could talk to him about the school and everything but now....he is entering JC and I am gonna complete my Poly education.....well, to my bro-Ash, Mano and sis-Ruchi-All the Best to you guys in your endeavor.

It's kind of sad now that our primary and secondary education days are all over.......but I am very happy with the schools I have been enrolled in and got posted to:-

Beng Wan Primary School: Though the school is no more there, it is a habit of mine to look over the area where my school used to be cause with it attached a lot of fond and interesting memories, a place where I experienced a lot of things for the first time.
Outram Secondary School: haha, it is such a treat to see my school again and moreover on TV! OSS is the shooting place for the School House Rocks [Singapore's first musical being shown on Kids Central currently at 11 a.m every Sundays]

Seriously speaking, OSS is the best secondary school to get posted to. It is the only Government School in Singapore to have a Swimming Pool as well as the best teachers for POA and English which anyone can ever wish for......Ms. You Kim Choo and Mr. DT [Derek Tan]-Just miss them a lot especially dear Mr. DT....the fear and everything he had instilled in us to teach us ENGLISH is one of a kind.....

Moreover, OSS has also produced notable alumnis like:
  • Wong Kan Seng, current Minister of Home Affairs and Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore.
  • Gurmit Singh, host and comedian in Singapore. Gurmit Singh is best known for starring in a Singaporean sitcom, Phua Chu Kang Pte. Ltd as Phua Chu Kang
  • Irene Ang, a Singaporean actress and comedian.
  • Dawn Yip, a singer turned entrepreneurer who is one of the founders of Jean Yip Group, one of the largest hairdressing chains in Singapore.
  • Wee Kim Wee, former president of Singapore.
  • Chua Kim Yeow, ran for first elected Presidency elections
And finally, Hindi School...a place where I just hated to go...seriously speaking, till this day I am awed at how I can have passed my Hindi all the way from Pri1 to O's.....cause till now, I can't differentiate between the vowels......haha well, GOD has been very gracious to me because Hindi School is where I found friends like Mita and Poonam......and also experienced a very strange experience for the whole 10 years!

Well, all said....everything has been done and is all over..no matter what-Time would never rewind itself ever again. Life is a journey whereby you have to walk and make choices along the way.....whatever choices you make, you have to bear with the consequences, face any storm and continue your journey because life is a never ending road...you keep walking on until the day comes whereby you have to leave the world.....Enjoy every moment of today because this time, second and moment would never ever repeat itself again no matter how much one would wish!

No comments: