Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend

Spent my weekend going to the temple...gotta say after a long long long time....Anyway, on Sat, there was this Jagaran program..
Originally, there was the plan that we would be there then come back home at 11. However, the whole thing was so nice and cool that before we knew it, it was already 2.30 am.....then, my parents and lil bro left and I stayed back with my bro and cuz along with aunt and uncle....gotta say-it was a great experience..so fun and everything....then there was also something that me and Poonam had in common,haha......and also, there was this nice portion whereby they had dressed up children as certains Gods and they were so cute....esp Durga Maa with her Sher.............After that, there was also a small dance and dandiya section-gotta say for an overnight event, everyone was really enthu........It was great......came home at 7 and the whole of Sun was spent sleeping then after that, went to the temple again in the evening for the Maa Saraswati Puja. It was also a great event, being the first time......
3 am in the morn and yet, everyone is full enegry :) The Dance and Dandiya sectionMaa Durga and her Sher......

This picture is for................, if u get my hint ;)

This is the video I took for the dance segment, gotta say-the people were great, they have made devotional [bhakti] songs out of movie songs such as Jee Karda and Dil Main Baji Guitar.....It was a cool group....the two guys at the back played the keyboard adn the dhol for the whole 8 hours.....it made me feel like learning the instruments as well..........



Also, earlier in the day, I got a call from Doink to meet her at Dhoby Ghaut and to my suprise, this is what I got when I met her-Thanks a lot :)

No comments: