Sunday, March 21, 2010

Children

Kids nowadays-They are totally Angels but also PURE Devils at times=I am sure I have said these words more than a dozen time but yesterday, the interaction that I had with my students just left me speechless and the only thing I thought to myself was=If only I had a camera with me, I would snap this moment and showcase it->It was seriously a moment that left me with a different impression of those lil ones.


After the YT c
lass yesterday, JX and Sanjay went off on their lil adventure before CT started. Within a few minutes, they were running back to the centre and asked me if there was anything that they could use to pick up rubbish. As I followed them back to the scene-it was a totally disgusting thing to see=RUBBISH galore.....they were everywhere, all over the place=apparently, it looked like some ppl had a by the sea party and had left the place filled with mementos of their presence-Plastics, Drink Cans, McDonalds wrappings all over the place.

As it was time for CT to start, JX and Sanjay had to abandon their
project for the time being. During class, JX was totally busy thinking of ways to come up with machine that can help ensure that the whole of Singapore is clean and another machine that helps to sort out the rubbish into different categories to ease Recycling activity=>It was a totally brilliant sight to see.

After c
lass, the two masters gathered up the rest of the students,Elysa, Shanna, Kira, Joey, and brought them to the area although it was raining! When I joined them, they were busy surveying the area to come up with a way whereby they can quickly clean the place up and sort them into respective groups. These kids were getting drenched in the rain just to think of ways to clean up the place. When I asked them to go inside and come back later as there was a lot of mess to clean up-Elysa said=Why cant these adults clean up aft themselves? How are we going to survive in a place like tis? I was juz left dumbstruck!

Serious
ly-the look of the place was very disturbing and yet, these 7 children ,Elysa`s lil sis had also join them, were willing to get wet in the rain and use their bare hands to clean up the place which had been left a mess by some irresponsible adults!?! At tat moment, these kids totally won my respect!

BTW-JX is oni a P2 student, Sanjay is an Autistic 10 yr o
ld child, Elysas sis is P1, Elysa and Joey are P4 whereas Shanna and Kira are the oldest being in P5,11 yrs old. Comparing their age and attitude to the culprits=Apparently, the situation seems to tell that these kids despite being so young, are very much mature in their way of thinking!

No comments: